Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mostly Random

That day i googled the definition of a blog.

A blog (a contraction of the term web log) is a website, usually maintained by an individual, with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. So says old wiki.

The word that struck me was 'maintained'. For God knows i cant 'maintain' anything (the word foremost in my mind was 'shit' but that would've been blasphemy).

My room for one. My dear corridoor, back in my dear hostel, at dear old BITS, reeks of smelly socks. Laughter would be inappropriate at this point. I'm possibly quoting my friends, who do not find the fact, that they have to rush to -and more often from- my room gasping for oxygen, even remotely funny.
I find this affronting. 'Gasping for oxygen'? So the oxygen within a few feet of my room smells of unwashed socks/dead rats/eggs gone bad. It's still oxygen. Need they be quite so unkind about it? Some people are allergic to washing. Angry-red-rash-allergic. Something they would do well to understand.

I do tend to go off the radar at times. Where was I? ah yes 'maintaining'. Once you enter my room, after you become immune to the smelly socks, you'll stop to admire my bed. Not that my bed is pretty. Just that it is incredibly neat compared to the rest of my room. My table practically lets out creaky protests every once in a while, on account of an incredible amount of things - from books, kettle(s) and table lamp(s) to month-old newspapers, fiction, paper bags with rotting contents, a couple'a spiders and a dying laptop - piled on it.
Then there's my chair that usually has last month's (and the month before that) laundry piled on its back. I usually have to sit on it to balance the said stuff.
And i'm not even getting started on my cupboard. The fact that a friend had to help me force the door shut, is hint enough.

Certain well-meaning people raised the question of hygiene. I had to google that too. *straight face*

No comments: